Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Trying Fresh New Looks

I spent a quiet day yesterday, working on a dab of Mirabilia's Scent of Old Roses to start off the new year on a positive note. The poor thing got dragged out of hiding, and it took me longer to get out my supplies and stretching her on my stitching frame than any stitching done. But that's OK; intentions were good, and it got me in the mood to finish her this year. In my little under-the-stairs hiding place for the overflow of what's put away in my sewing room where the closet is. The cabinets are full in my sewing room, but it's mostly fabrics and crafty things. The bulk of my cross stitch had to have their own place. DH is not allowed in my closet. In the shuffling to pull out my bag with Scent of Old Roses and supplies, I dumped over a whole plastic drawer box of alphabetized hand-dyed fibers, which I now have to refile.

As those of you who know me can see, I've changed to a different template and have nothing else on my blog except my posts. I'm looking for a less cluttered look anyway, but I do want to do some experimentation and add some interest. I may change templates again. I've seen other sites with very attractive templates I'm thinking of. I'm writing this post as I'm on hold with a credit card company. My call is very important to them, blah, blah, blah......

I didn't make any resolutions for the new year because I never keep 'em. But I do hold out hope that the mood will strike that I'll work out better eating habits and limited exercize (limited because of lupus); therefore, lose some tonnage in the process. I'm just very unhappy with myself right now. If it hadn't been for my butt, I wouldn't have knocked over my little floss cabinet, LOL! The nice thing about a new year for us stitchers is that we have high hopes for a more productive stitching year, and though I won't commit to it, it's what I hope for.

Hope all my stitching blogger friends had a great Christmas, Hannukah, or whatever applies, and my hope is that your new year is blessed with fun and plentiful stitching!

8 comments :

Singular Stitches said...

Happy New Year, Nancy!! Your new blog looks wonderful. :o)

The kitty pic is *adorable*!!!

Sylvie said...

Happy New Year, Nancy!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Glad you were able to pull out an old WIP and get going on it again. I love it when I get into the mood to get those old ones finished up.

Dianne said...

Looks like blogger is being nice to you. I will watch with interest to see what you do with your blog. I can't change to beta as my blog is too big. I guess they didn't figure that out. Hope I don't have to start from scratch. I'll let them tell me what to do.
Have fun playing and stitching!

Sally said...

Your blog is looking good Nancy. I want a new template for mine but the ones on Blogger are so limited and none of the ones on the sites they suggest work on the new one. Oh well guess if I wait they'll get them to work eventually.
Happy New Year!

Meari said...

Hi Nancy – Have you gotten your fibers re-filed? As I read about your mishap, I pictured myself doing something like that. LOL At least you got a few stitches in on Scent. I like the new look of your blog. I’m thinking about de-cluttering mine as well. I don’t make resolutions either... I never keep ‘em. I did however put some goals for 2007 in my blog. Hopefully, I’ll be able to make some headway with them.

Susieq said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I really like the new look of yours.

susieq

Anne S said...

Love the new look of your blog ... and I have to admit it's much faster to load up. I used to go make a cup of coffee while your old one was loading, now I have no excuse ;P haha. Good luck with your search for templates etc ... always one of the biggest challenges, I think! Hope 2007 is a better one for both of us!! :D