Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cross Stitch Birthday Party


We recently celebrated my stitching friend, Sylvia's, birthday. She's the one in the rose-colored jacket in the front of the bottom picture. My other quilting friend, Peggy was in the back of the picture. There were about 8 at our table at the country club. We had a cake artist do her cake with a cross stitch theme. I think you can see it best at top. There you can see the embroidery ring and other things a bit better.
These girls and I have a fun time together, and I'm feeling much, much better, but it's going to take a long time to get to where I need to be. I'm nearly done with my yard work, and TA DA!!! I've started stitching again!!! I'm finishing up a scriptural thread pack (shown previously on a brown linen) to give my dad, who thinks his time is about up. I have to get it finished!!! Though I'm hoping he's wrong, anything can happen at the age of 87, and he just feels he's running out of steam...... says the only thing keeping him going is his pacemaker. I just don't know what I'll do.

6 comments :

Shelleen said...

I am glad that you got out and had fun. Did you say you are stitching again? woohoo!!

Meari said...

What a cool cake!!!

Valda said...

Love the cake!

Mary Ivancicts said...

That cake is out of this world!

Joy said...

I LOVE the cake!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

DaisyGirl said...

Hi! Just a quick question? I have RA/Fibro, have you tried the Lyrica? I read about the weight gain, and I've only been on this med for 4 months and I've already had a 13 pound gain. I'm thinking it is more, I'll find out Monday at my next appt. Just curious. I don't want that gain either. Hope you are feeling better.
DaisyGirl