Monday, January 03, 2011

Started "Up For A Challenge" New Year's Day


On New Year's Day, I began my "up for a challenge." I pulled out a UFO that I would like to finish and have framed for DH. He's a golf fanatic, and I've lived with golfers all my life. My youngest kitty got in on the act as soon as the piece came out of hiding. I can't put anything on the table for photographing without a cat getting all over it - not so good on the fabric, but hey! What can you do?

I'm trying a rotation of sorts on my UFOs that I have listed for the challenge. I have been stitching on Little House Needlework's "Winter Wonderland" left over from before Christmas that I won't let become pushed aside for the challenge, and I'm thinking of a 10 hour, or possibly a week, stitching on one of my UFOs for the 2011 challenge. I will post progress at the end of this spot of rotation, then pick up a 2nd UFO. I'll soon show a progress picture of "Winter Wonderland." This is going to go on an Impie, Hattie, and Bea's Winter Thread Pal. Then I'll stitch the same in the Winter Thread Pal Marking Pin Notebook.

I've stitched on Charmed Golfing (by Hinzeit) for two nights. Today will be the 3rd day, with a couple of hours spent on "Winter Wonderland."

7 comments :

Anne S said...

Personally I think kitties on anything are always a great addition (I really miss having 4 paws around the place) - sounds like you've got your stitching goals all sorted out, look forward to following the progress :)

Mary Ivancicts said...

Nancy....I think your cat want to learn cross stitch...LOL Befoer long youwill have if finished and more on to the next!

Meari said...

Nice progress, Nancy. I see your kitty is trying help, lol.

Julie said...

Great progress! That looks like something my cat would do too!

Valda said...

It looks good! I also think that kitties on anything make a great addition. My kitty always wants to sit in my lap when I stitch. He has missed doing that in the last year or so. lol

Sunshine said...

How sweet of kitty to assist you! Good luck with your challenge. I look forward to seeing your finishes.

Vikki Gable said...

Hmmmm don't see too much getting stitched with the cat in the way. I seem to run into the same problem. If it isn't a cat it's the dog jumping on my lap.