Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stitching Bloggers' Question of the Week

Which way do you stitch, i.e. do you stitch /// followed by \\\ on top, or the other way around \\\ followed by ///? Are you left-or right-handed and do you think that this affects the way that you stitch?

I'm right-handed, and I stitch from \\\ to /// as though I were a leftie.Go figure. I taught myself to do it this way in the beginning, and it's the only way it's ever felt comfortable. The only time it gives me fits is if I'm doing a round robin and have to adapt to the other direction, and it's very difficult to do.

This question submitted by Vash.

2 comments :

Anne S said...

KarenV mentioned a fantastic way to me for stitching the 'opposite' direction - just turn your fabric around (90deg I think), and stitch your normal way ... wish I'd known that before stitching on Vash's RR as she stitches the other way to me, and I've never ripped so many stitches out in such a small piece! :D

Dianne said...

Lefties don't necessarily cross right to left. I do it the other way. : )