Saturday, January 05, 2008

Stitching Bloggers' Question of the Week - Catch Up

I totally gave up trying to keep up with my Internet habits during the holidays. I turned off my Yahoo Groups to "No Mail" so I could enjoy the holidays without the added stress. Sometimes the way I do everything just makes me stress out. I put my heart and soul into everything I do, and I guess, in a way, one could say I'm a perfectionist; therefore, I get less done. It's all self-imposed, thus, makes me angry with myself. Sometimes it's best not to do it, rather than be stressed about it, so I took a vacation from the Internet. It's terrible to have something that used to be so pleasant turn into a job; however, it's a new year, and I'm going to be easier on myself. That's my only resolution. There is absolutely no sense in making the normal resolutions, as knowing myself so well, I'll never keep them. This year I'm just going to be easier on myself. This post is nothing but 3 weeks of SBQs, but I've been taking pictures, and the posts to come are going to be fun for me.


This week's (December 19) SBQ was suggested by Kathryn http://threadsofdesire.blogspot.com/) and is:
Have you ever helped anyone else learn to stitch? Have you ever helped anyone learn a new stitch or technique?

Yes, I taught my sister, my daughter, and my granddaughter to stitch, but none of them have kept their interest, I'm sorry to say. Now, on the other hand, I've had the pleasure of helping my best friend learn new stitches and techniques, and she has flourished and loves stitching as much as anyone I know.



This week's (December 26) SBQ is:Did you receive any stitching-related gifts for the holidays?

My happy answer is yes! I got a gift certificate to my LNS, a new Daylight stitching floor lamp (my Dazor bit the dust after many years of faithful service), and my sewing machine did the same. Holy cow, I checked out having it repaired, and everywhere I checked, they wanted a fortune just to take it in, not to mention parts and labor, so I got a new Singer on eBay, which I haven't yet had time to play with. I have tons of new stash to be posted in days to come.



This week's (January 3) SBQ is: Are you starting something new to celebrate the New Year or participating in "Guilt Free January?" If so, what are you planning on starting?

No, nothing new, but I studied for hours (that's me---slow, but perfect) on what my best plan of attack would be in getting projects done more productively. As I was organizing my craft room, I wrote down things I really wanted to start, so after planning a rotation of WIPs of only 6, I have my list, in order of importance to me to start, that I can add to my rotation as I complete one. So far, it's working very well. We'll see how I'm doing in a month. This plan is another thing I did that is as close to a resolution as I made.

No comments :