Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stitching Bloggers' Question of the Week

When you stitch from a kit and use the supplied floss do you have leftovers? If so, how much and what do you do with them? If not, do you usually have just enough or do you have to dig into your stash to finish?

I usually have leftovers, depending on how generous the company is, but it's usually more of one color than the rest (do they even measure?). There have been a couple of times I had to dig for more of a color (again, do they even measure?) or write the company to get more. I always save any significant leftovers and the chart for anyone who loves the finished design. Vikki Gable sent me the leftovers of a kit I loved, and I've never forgotten the kindness. Leftovers can alway get a person started if they can match the threads, which, of course, should be checked before starting.

No comments :