Sunday, October 02, 2005

One of Life's Little Thrills

A couple of months ago, I received an unexpected package in the mail. I had no idea what it was or who it was from. When I opened it, to my delight, there was the book you see from my friend, Dianne Collins in PA. She had written a lovely card and stuck it in with the book, telling me that she had ordered it used from half.com and read it on my recommendation. She noted that it was signed by my favorite author, Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series. I had already preordered the newest in her Outlander series, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, which I recently received. This book that "Coz Dianne" sent to me was signed by Diana Gabaldon, and for another person named Sandy, but Dianne knew it would still be special to me. It's special because it was so thoughtful of Dianne to think of me. We lovingly call each other "Coz," as we share the same maiden surname of Knowles and have so many of the same interests.

This is my third book of Outlander, and my favorite because of the thought behind the gift, and its cover is entirely different from the cover on my hardbound copy and my newer paperback copy.

I will treasure it all my remaining days. Thank you, Dianne!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments :