Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First Order From Sassy's


Well... after being enabled on my LNHX Yahoo Group .....
I decided to try Sassy's Hand Painted Fabrics. It's difficult to tell from the picture, but they're so nice! And reasonably priced! I bought the aida so I could just try it without spending a fortune, and aida lend themselves to Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks designs, since there are no fractional stitches.

From left to right, there is a pattern that I thought would be cute on the "Winter Skies At Night" Starlite. It's Waxing Moon's "I Love Flakes." I saw it done recently on a dark hand-dye, and it was striking. This fabric goes from light blue to lavender to navy with sparkly weave. I don't know though..... the penguin's hat is red, and so is the ceramic button in the pattern pack. Hmmmm.... that could be changed. I could always experiment.

The next one is called "Mississippi Mud," and I have LHN's "The Old West" in mind for this one. Then, there is "Winter Skies" that several group members have done CCN's "Forest Snowfall" on. It's lovely! On right is "Tan Marble" which all Sassy's fans say any of the designs are good on. They're all so nicely, sublety marbled, like the last name indicates. No splotches...nothing overdone.

Can you tell I'm hooked on these designs and this fabric?

1 comment :

Kim said...

WOOHOO!! Stitch, floss, and Sassy! Isnt Sassy wonderful to deal with!

Thanks for showing the new stash off, cant wait to see something stitched on it :)

~Kim~