Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm Good

Your comments were not only much appreciated---they were amazing. I am so blessed to have such feeling, caring friends. I've had more time to read and stitch, and I'm still finding little things around the house that I'm piling up to give back to Moriah. Her daughter keeps me posted, and all is still well. "I'm good," as the kids all say. I'm in the habit of saying "I'm fine," but the English language is undergoing a big change. Grammar is changing, and I hate to sound like an old fogey, but it's not for the better.
I've had this adorable little trading card from my friend, Dianne Collins from PA for several days, but I've just now come to be in the mood to talk about it. It's just a little bright spot that came in a butterfly card when my days were dark. It's a form of scrapbooking or decoupage, of sorts. I wish my scan could do it justice; unfortunately, it misses the dimensional effects and the intricate cutting of the different little items. Clicking on the thumbnail does help a bit. I wrote to Dianne to inquire as to how she did it, and I'm wanting to try it. It's called a personal trading card in a group she's in who are doing them to suit the recipient. I'm just in love, and it set my mind working on all kinds of possibilities. I'm just disappointed in the absence of the beauty in my scan.
Meantime, I've finished a book I couldn't read while Moriah was here, and I have a Prairie Schooler yearly Santa nearly done. From that finish, I'll go on to finishing my SAL of Little House Needleworks, "Home of a Needleworker." I'm good.

11 comments :

Sally said...

Hi Nancy,
I haven't visited your blog for a while and reading your recent posts I'm so pleased that things turned out OK. You sound like the most wonderful grandma and mom.

I'm also happy to hear that your colonoscopy was clear. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Shelleen said...

I am catching up on blogs and have enjoyed reading yours. I am glad that things are working out for your granddaughter and hope that her dad will start being positive.

Wendy said...

Hi Nancy~ I'm so glad you are feeling better and more positive. You did so much good for your granddaughter, although I realize how hard it must have been for you to see her leave. You must have made her feel so much better for her to feel she was ready to go back to her M&D's again. And how great that your daughter acknowledged that for you.

{{{hugs}}}
And congrats on getting through your colonoscopy prep!

Dianne said...

How sweet of you to post the ART trading card I made for you. These can be just about anything from photos to sewing (even cross stitching-which I have yet to try),etc! They just all should fit on the 2.5" x 3.5" area which is the size of a playing card. If you have old playing cards, you have your canvas. I tend to like to layer my cards. Your card's background was torn tissue paper. I started with the kitty looking at the flowers and went from there. You can surely get inspired by looking down the scrapbooking aisle of any craft store. I love the DCWV papers as backgrounds too.
I hope you think about making some. If Moriah is crafty, the two of you could have fun together.

stitcherw said...

The card is lovely, I can see how it would cheer you up. I'm glad that you are doing OK, you and your family have been through a lot. Looking forward to seeing a post of your stitching progress on needleworker, that is such a neat piece.
Sue

Mary Kathryn said...

Hi Nancy,

I'm so glad that you have had encouragement from your daughter and your doctor. The love you've given your granddaughter has made all the difference and you are a very special grandma to care so much. I'm glad your mom was able to be a help to you too.

Take good care of yourself! BIG hugs to you from me.

Von said...

Hi Nancy, it's been awhile since this post and I hope everything is still "good" with you! Hugs :)

stitcherw said...

You've been quiet for a while now. Hope everything is still going well and that you are just getting in some reading and stitching time. {{hugs}}
Sue

Carto said...

Hello Nancy - I've been a truly terrible blogger of late and I'm sorry I've not posted for so long. I've just been catching up on your posts. You're a wonderful, kind and caring person with a heart of pure gold and if anyone deserves a 'grit determination' award, it's you. You're one truly amazing woman. God bless you xxxx

Dianne said...

Hey Nance-where are you coz? I miss hearing from you and I hope all is well.
Our pal Vikki was MIA and her told me her dad passed away about 3.5 weeks ago. I don't know if you knew this.
Drop me a note when you can.

stitcherw said...

Just dropping in to say hi. You've been awful quiet lately, hope all is going well.
Sue