Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trades And Retreat Pix


I took quite a bit of very nice stash to be traded and left it all there for those who stayed longer the last day than Faith and I, and I chose very little in trade to take back home with me. All I took in trade was brand new, other than the Glory Bee "Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys," and I've always loved that one! Others have loved it also; it's pretty well-used. I was very pleased to bring these things home with me. The idea is to take one's trove of once-loved stash and give it to a new owner who will love like you once did, right? I've been admiring the Mirabilia I got for years (my daughter would love this for her snowmen collection, all of which I've stitched). Not that I'll stitch it, but collecting is fun. ROFMAO! Pix to come of what I bought new from Shirley. Can't post it all in one day, though I'd try ;-)

These are just a few of the many candid pictures I snapped when no one could pose. The framed pieces on the one wall belong to a wonderful friend of mine, Di Fane, who had sent in her things to be framed. Here they are, ready for her to pack up and take back home with her. Her stitching is just lovely. You really can't appreciate anything from these pix. Wish you all could have been there!

Some of the most wonderful memories are the laughs, the breakfast each morning at our very nice Days Inn's continental breakfast, which really was lovely, and quite a nice surprise when compared to some of the crappy, skimpy free breakfasts I've had in other places. After partaking of the yummy variety of things, including yummy cheese Danish that I ate too many of, we lingered over coffee and juice, and chatted about our plans that day and gossiped about the day before. And especially memorable, were the P.J. Stitch-Ins in Pam and Dee's room. Leave it to me to go upstairs in my nightgown and knock on the wrong door and get some macho college boys I had to face at breakfast the next morning. I'm just seasoned enough that it was hilarious to me, but he was mortified to have a granny in her size 2x nightgown come to his door.

4 comments :

Wendy said...

Great pictures, Nancy, keep 'em coming!

Sally said...

Fantastic piccies! I stitched that Mirabilia snowman and it's so much fun to do!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun, I'd stitch that miribilia snowman! I absolutely love snowmen! :)

Susieq said...

Nancy, that would be something I'd do, going to the wrong room LOL. It sounds and looks like you had a great time.