Monday, April 10, 2006

Can't Wait Till Wednesday




because I'll finally be going to the doctor, and I'm hoping I'll walk out without my crutches and be able to put my walking cast (or boot) out on the curb with a sign that says, "Free to a good home with a bad leg." As for the crutches, I nearly lost them at my granddaughter's softball game late this afternoon. While everyone was hissing and booing a bad call by the ref, I was quietly poking the end through the chain link fence and wishing I could stick it up his posterior, but like the lady I am, I pulled it back through and leaned it up against its twin, leaning on the fence. However, I was thinking that thrown correctly, they'd make great missiles. My son-in-law wasn't so quiet about his remark about where he'd like to put his work boot. My granddaughter's high school team won their game, even with ridiculous refereeing. We tried to take pix but were fighting the low sun and couldn't even see through the viewer. If we had known, we could have zoomed in on her and got a good shot. She's the good looking one in green and gold, with hair pulled up in back. She's quite gifted in softball and not only made the high school team as a freshman, but plays for an elite traveling team and has had college scouts already talking to her. We're hoping she gets a ball scholarship.

It turned out to be a very busy day for us, with grocery shopping after realizing we were out of virtually everything we use and eat. Walmart is torn up for remodeling and adding on more space, so shopping is like a war zone without a weapon. It was also my best friend's birthday, so we went to Cracker Barrel and bought the Yankee Candle she was getting high sniffing the last time we all ate there together. I already had her card, so we went to deliver her goodies, and of course, that took longer than we had intended, especially when they started shoving cake, candy, etc. at us. When I came home, all I did was shoot a couple of pix of stash acquired while down & out and a Flip Flops design by Hinzeit for the above granddaughter, Moriah, that I recently put away for a while. Beside it is a cute Bent Creek limited edition kit I stitched up years ago and pulled it out for Easter. It's sitting in a Longaberger basket. I usually take all my pix in my sewing room, as that is where the best light is in the whole house, so I drag everything in there so you can see it, even if that isn't where it was previously.

3 comments :

Anne S said...

Your rendition of almost attacking the Ref had me howling :D Glad to hear that cast is soon to be seeing another home of the round bin variety - I'll have to have a glass of wine in your honour tomorrow night ;P Your latest stash looks awesome too ... scrummy in fact :D

Shelleen said...

I know what you mean about Refs. I have had my fair share of yelling and swearing at them even if we are winning. DS#2 has been playing baseball since kindergarten and is now in 8th grade. I hope your granddaughter gets a scholarship, that is awesome.

Von said...

Love the softball story Nancy! And pulling for you to get rid of those crutches tomorrow!!