Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Next Neglected WIP

I'm getting a rather late start today, but I spent the better part of a morning in the beauty shop. Why do they call it a beauty shop? I never have seen anyone there I thought was beautiful---before or after. Least of all me. I sat and tried to read my book, while my hair went from shades of white, brassy blonde, and field mouse brown to Warm Brown #6. I never take my stitching with me any more because if it's hard to read with everyone bothering me, it's twice as hard to stitch. Every woman in the place comes over and asks, "What are you making?" It never fails; the next thing out of their mouths is, "I don't have the patience for that." I wanna say, "Neither do I when people keep bugging me."

Then I got a call from the LNS in town. The little design I ordered was in. This was before I decided to go on a stash diet, so I picked it up with a button for another design, 3 skeins of GAST, a card of Wisper for another design, and a piece of fabbie. Picture of that stuff tomorrow.

Sorry to get off on a tangent. I need to get my next 10 hours in on this Flip Flops design by Hinzeit. It would be nice to get it finished before my granddaughter quits wearing these things when the spring summer season is over.

1 comment :

Meari said...

I know what you mean about people at the hair salon! I took my stitching once or twice. My hairdresser looked it and said, "Better you than me" :O